Monday 6 February 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bennie Dekker and Anita Cochran.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
The War Game, directed by Peter Watkins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Jury Returns by Louis Nizer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1967!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1967 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Bennie Dekker: Dutch soccer player (NEC / AZ / De Graafschap).
- Anita Cochran: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Izumi Sakai: Japanese singer-songwriter (Zard) (d. 2007).
- Martine Carol: French actress, popular, tantalizing leading lady of the '50s in several films made by her husband, (one of four), Christian Faque, but most engaging in the title role of "Lola Montes," 1955.
- Muhammad Ali TKOs Ernie Terrell in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
- Heavyweight Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) TKOs Ernie Terrell in 15 rounds in Houston, Texas, USA for heavyweight boxing title.
- Cultural Revolution in Albania.
- Alexei Kosygin arrives in the UK for an 8-day visit. He meets The Queen on February 9.
- The Chinese government announces that it can no longer guarantee the safety of Soviet diplomats outside the Soviet Embassy building.
- Serious bushfires in southern Tasmania claim 62 lives, and destroys 2,642.7 square kilometres (653,025.4nbspacres) of land.
- Mazenod College, Victoria opens in Australia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- Blues Magoos - (We Aint' Got) Nothin' Yet
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- Keith - 98.6
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- Sonny & Cher - The Beat Goes On
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?