Tuesday 14 February 1967, Valentine's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Calle Johansson in G�teborg and Laura Martin in LaJolla.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Kind Of A Drag by The Buckinghams.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
One Million Years B.C., directed by Don Chaffey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Mask Of Apollo by Mary Renault was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1967 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Calle Johansson in G�teborg: Sweden; NHL defenseman (Washington Capitals).
- Laura Martin in LaJolla: California, USA; WPVA volleyball player (Nationals-13th-1994).
- Manuela Maleeva-Fragniere in Sofia: Bulgaria; tennis player (1984 US Open Mixed Doubles).
- Marc Dal Maso: French rugby player, a member of the French rugby team 1999, playing as hooker.
- Stelios Haji-Ioannou: Greek-English businessman founded easyJet.
- Manuela Maleeva: Bulgarian-Swiss tennis player
- Mark Rutte: Dutch businessman and politician Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Aretha Franklin records Respect
- Latin American nuclear-free zone proposal drawn up.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- Blues Magoos - (We Aint' Got) Nothin' Yet
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- Keith - 98.6
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- Sonny & Cher - The Beat Goes On
- Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?