Thursday 4 January 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Dee Maness in Loma Linda and Vesa-Matti Loiri.
Tonight and Every Night, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Cass Timberlane by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching On Stage, Everybody (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1945 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Jay Dee Maness in Loma Linda: California, USA; singer (Desert Rose Band - "Love Reunited").
- Vesa-Matti Loiri: Finnish actor and singer.
- Richard Schrock: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- US jeep-aircraft carrier Ommaney Bay sinks after kamikaze attack.
- Sixty-nine American B-29 bombers from the Marianas Islands attack Kobe, Japan, with incendiary bombs, destroying 2.5 million square feet of the city.
- Germans execute resistance fighters in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - White Christmas
- I Dream Of You (More Than You Dream I Do) - Andy Russell
- Robin Hood - Tony Pastor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?