Wednesday 4 July 2007, US Independence Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching InfoMania.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baja Mania or Asura.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 4 July 2007 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 July
- The 50-star U.S. flag becomes the longest-flying American flag, replacing the 48-star flag that flew from 1912 to 1959.
- Twelve defendants involved in the Chinese slave scandal are charged for illegal detention and murder. (Xinhua)
- Ayman al-Zawahri, the second in charge of Al Qaeda, issues a video calling for further jihad and calling for the overthrow of ampquotcorruptampquot Governments in the Middle East. (Reuters)
- A landslide buries a bus carrying at least 40 people in mountains near Tehuacán in the Mexican state of Puebla. (New York Times)
- Investigators find a suicide note from the two men accused of involvement in the 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack. (CNN)
- Fretilin wins more votes than any other party in the East Timorese election with 29 per cent of the vote but has to form a coalition with other parties to form a government. (AP via the Washington Post)
- A power blackout hits eastern Georgia, leaving 2.5m people without electricity and briefly stranding a thousand on the Tbilisi Metro. (BBC)
- The terror threat level in the United Kingdom is reduced from critical to severe. (The Guardian)
- The 9th summit of the Assembly of the African Union, which lasted for 3 days, ends in Accra, Ghana. (Ghana Home Page)
- Over 700 students surrender at a mosque in Islamabad after being surrounded by Pakistani security forces. (BBC)
- Japan's first female Minister of Defense, Yuriko Koike, is sworn in a day after the resignation of her predecessor, Fumio Kyuma. (Marketwatch)
- A tornado kills 14 people and injures at least 146 near Tianchang, Anhui Province, in eastern China. (Reuters)
- Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem says the government is open to peace negotiations with Israel without preconditions. (The Peninsula)
- BBC reporter Alan Johnston, held captive in Gaza for nearly four months, is released. (BBC)
- War in Afghanistan: Six Canadian soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb in the Panjwaii district. (CTV)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 July 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?