Saturday June 04, 1977
US date format: 6/4/1977, UK date format: 4/6/1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 4, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Antoine Arnault and Jordan Bratman.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Are You Being Served?, directed by Bob Kellett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Passages by Gail Sheehy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood High.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Video Olympics or Air-Sea Battle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 04, 1977?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- See more
- Apple II, the 1st personal computer, goes on sale
- Violence during Puerto Rican Day in Chicago, Illinois, kills two.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 04, 1977?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1)
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - Hollywood
- Tavares - Whodunit
- Aretha Franklin - Break It To Me Gently
- The Sylvers - High School Dance
- The Jacksons - Show You The Way To Go
- The Manhattans - It Feels So Good To Be Loved So Bad
- Teddy Pendergrass - I Don't Love You Anymore
- The Dramatics - I Can't Get Over You
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 04If June 04, 1977 is your birthday you're 43 years, 3 months, 23 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 8 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 04, 1977?
On June 04, 1977 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is June 04, 1977?
On June 04, 1977 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 04, 1977?
On June 04, 1977 the US President was Jimmy Carter (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 04, 1977?
On June 04, 1977 the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 04, 1977?
On June 04, 1977 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 04, 1977?
On June 04, 1977 several famous people were born including, Antoine Arnault, Jordan Bratman, Berglind Icey
What was the number one song in June 04, 1977?
The number one song in the week of June 04, 1977 was Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder in US and Lucille by Kenny Rogers in UK
What were the top hits on June 04, 1977?
The top hits on June 04, 1977 were Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder, I'm Your Boogie Man by KC and the Sunshine Band, Dreams by Fleetwood Mac in US and Lucille by Kenny Rogers, I Don't Want To Talk About It / First Cut Is The Deepest by Rod Stewart, Show You The Way To Go by The Jacksons in UK