Sunday June 05, 1977
US date format: 6/5/1977, UK date format: 5/6/1977
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 5, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Richard Trivino and Navi Rawat.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Are You Being Served?, directed by Bob Kellett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Passages by Gail Sheehy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood High.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Wars or Baseball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 05, 1977?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- See more
- 1st personal computer, Apple II, goes on sale
- 31st NBA Championship: Port Trailblazers beat Philadelphia 76er, 4 games to 2
- 31st Tony Awards: Shadow Box and Annie win
- Coup in Seychelles (National Day)
- See more
- "Sleepy" John Estes: Rocker (Electric), dies at 74.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 05, 1977?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1)
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - Hollywood
- Tavares - Whodunit
- Aretha Franklin - Break It To Me Gently
- The Sylvers - High School Dance
- The Jacksons - Show You The Way To Go
- The Manhattans - It Feels So Good To Be Loved So Bad
- Teddy Pendergrass - I Don't Love You Anymore
- The Dramatics - I Can't Get Over You
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 05If June 05, 1977 is your birthday you're 43 years, 3 months, 23 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 8 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 05, 1977?
On June 05, 1977 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is June 05, 1977?
On June 05, 1977 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 05, 1977?
On June 05, 1977 the US President was Jimmy Carter (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 05, 1977?
On June 05, 1977 the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 05, 1977?
On June 05, 1977 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 05, 1977?
On June 05, 1977 several famous people were born including, Richard Trivino, Navi Rawat, Nourhanne.
Which famous people died on June 05, 1977?
Famous people died on June 05, 1977 include, "Sleepy" John Estes.
What was the number one song in June 05, 1977?
The number one song in the week of June 05, 1977 was Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder in US and Lucille by Kenny Rogers in UK.
What were the top hits on June 05, 1977?
The top hits on June 05, 1977 were Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder, I'm Your Boogie Man by KC and the Sunshine Band, Dreams by Fleetwood Mac in US and Lucille by Kenny Rogers, I Don't Want To Talk About It / First Cut Is The Deepest by Rod Stewart, Show You The Way To Go by The Jacksons in UK.