Thursday 2 June 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zachary Quinto and Danielle Harris.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Are You Being Served?, directed by Bob Kellett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Falconer by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood High.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boot Hill or Video Olympics.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1977
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1977 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Zachary Quinto: American actor.
- Sarah Wayne Callies: Actress.
- Danielle Harris: Actress.
- AJ Styles: Wrestler.
- Teet Allas: Estonian footballer.
- Dorian Çollaku: Albanian hammer thrower.
- Stephen Boyd: Irish-born actor, a handsome though rather wooden leading man best known for his roles in several historical epics, including "The Fall of the Roman Empire," 1964, "The Bible," 1966 and, of course, his career peak in "Ben-Hur," 1959.
- Forrest Lewis: Actor (Great Gildersleeve, Ichabod & Me), dies at 77.
- Henri D Gagnebin: Swiss Organist / composer, dies at 91.
- Albert Bittlmayer: German footballer (Born 1952).
- New Jersey allows casino gambling in Atlantic City.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
Top #10 R&B songs
- Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1) - Marvin Gaye
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - Hollywood
- Tavares - Whodunit
- Aretha Franklin - Break It To Me Gently
- The Sylvers - High School Dance
- The Jacksons - Show You The Way To Go
- It Feels So Good To Be Loved So Bad - The Manhattans
- Teddy Pendergrass - I Don't Love You Anymore
- The Dramatics - I Can't Get Over You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?