Thursday 2 June 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zachary Quinto and AJ Styles.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder.
In UK I Don't Want To Talk About It / First Cut Is The Deepest by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Star Wars, directed by George Lucas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chôdenji mashin Borutesu Faibu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Surround or Boot Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1977!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 June 1977 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Zachary Quinto: American actor.
- AJ Styles: Wrestler.
- Teet Allas: Estonian footballer.
- Dorian Çollaku: Albanian hammer thrower.
- Stephen Boyd: Irish-born actor, a handsome though rather wooden leading man best known for his roles in several historical epics, including "The Fall of the Roman Empire," 1964, "The Bible," 1966 and, of course, his career peak in "Ben-Hur," 1959.
- Forrest Lewis: Actor (Great Gildersleeve, Ichabod & Me), dies at 77.
- Henri D Gagnebin: Swiss Organist / composer, dies at 91.
- Albert Bittlmayer: German footballer (Born 1952).
- New Jersey allows casino gambling in Atlantic City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?