Tuesday 21 June 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniela Dakich and Jochen Hecht.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Got To Give It Up (Part 1) by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Sorcerer, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while It Didn'T Start With Watergate by Victor Lasky was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chôdenji mashin Borutesu Faibu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destroyer or Boot Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
What the sky looked like on 21 June 1977
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1977 ?
- Daniela Dakich
- Jochen Hecht: Mannheim, Germany -- Hockey forward (Team Germany 1998).
- Michael Gomez: Irish boxer.
- Sarah Slean: Canadian singer-songwriter pianist and actress.
- Former White House chief of staff Harry R Haldeman enters prison.
- Bülent Ecevit, of CHP forms the new government of Turkey (40th government since the founding of the Turkish republic, but fails to receive the vote of confidence)
- The 1977 Rugby League World Cup culminates in Australia's 13 – 12 victory over Great Britain at the Sydney Cricket Ground before about 24,450 spectators.
- American Roy Sullivan is struck by lightning for the seventh time.
- Elvis Presley holds his last concert at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis.
- Some 200,000 protesters march through the streets of San Francisco, protesting Anita Bryant's antigay remarks and the murder of Robert Hillsborough.
- 16-year-old shop assistant Jayne Macdonald is murdered by the Yorkshire Ripper in Leeds, England.
- The Southeast Asia Treaty Organization is permanently disbanded.
- The Women Marines are disbanded, and the women are integrated into regular Marine Corps.
- CKO (a now-defunct Canadian all news radio network) begins broadcasting.
- EAC dissolved.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
- Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Commodores - Easy
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1)
- Slave - Slide
- Teddy Pendergrass - I Don't Love You Anymore
- Aretha Franklin - Break It To Me Gently
- Johnny Guitar Watson - A Real Mother For Ya
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - Hollywood
- Enchantment - Sunshine
- Graham Central Station - Now Do-u-wanta Dance
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?