Friday 10 June 1977
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Darski (Nergal) and Benjamin Millepied.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'm Your Boogie Man by KC and the Sunshine Band.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Exorcist II: The Heretic, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Falconer by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chôdenji mashin Borutesu Faibu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Basic Math or Zork.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1977 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Adam Darski (Nergal): Polish vocalist and guitarist (Behemoth).
- Benjamin Millepied: Was raised in Dakar, Senegal.
- Dan-e-o : Canadian rapper and actor.
- Adam Darski: Adam Darski Polish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Behemoth).
- Enzo Emanuele: Italian pathologist and academic.
- Takako Matsu: Japanese singer-songwriter and actress
- Mike Rosenthal: American football player and coach
- Apple Computer ships its first Apple II personal computer.
- James Earl Ray escapes from Brushy Mountain State Prison in Petros, Tennessee, but is recaptured on June 13.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 June 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?