Thursday 4 March 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stacy Edwards in Glasgow and Alexandra Harbold.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to My Girl by The Temptations.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Train, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dim Dam Dom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1965 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Stacy Edwards in Glasgow: Montana, USA; actress (Santa Barbara).
- Alexandra Harbold: New York City, New York, USA; sprint kayak (Olympics-1996).
- Dana Brown in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; Miss Tennessee-America (1990-third).
- Paul W S Anderson: English filmmaker.
- WestBam (Maximillian Lenz): German rave techno DJ.
- Viktor Shapovalov: Russian auto racing driver
- Yuri Lonchakov: Russian cosmonaut
- Jonathan Shearer: Scottish castaway
- WestBam : German DJ and producer
- Paul Anderson: English director producer and screenwriter
- Andrew Collins: English journalist and screenwriter
- Stacy Edwards: American actress
- Khaled Hosseini: Afghan physician and author
- Yury Lonchakov: Russian colonel pilot and astronaut
- David Attenbrough became the new controller of BBC2
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 March 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Zombies - Tell Her No
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- Petula Clark - Downtown
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?