Thursday 25 March 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Jessica Parker in Nelsonville and Gwen Fauchois.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stop! In The Name Of Love by The Supremes.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Major Dundee, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bob Morane.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1965 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Sarah Jessica Parker in Nelsonville: Ohio, USA; actress (Square Pegs, Los Angeles Story).
- Gwen Fauchois: French social and political activist, militant lesbian, and from September 1995 the vice-president of the Paris branch of ACT-UP (AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power), an international direct action advocacy group working to impact the lives of people with AIDS and to ultimately bring an end to the disease.
- Sarah Parker: American actress seen in the role of Carrie Bradshaw, a journalist, in the HBO hit "Sex and the City," from 1998.
- Avery Johnson: American basketball player and coach.
- Stefka Kostadinova: Bulgarian high jumper.
- West German Bondsdag extends war crimes retribution.
- Civil rights activists led by Martin Luther King, Jr. successfully complete their 4-day 50-mile march from Selma to the capitol in Montgomery, Alabama.
- Funeral services are held for Detroit homemaker Viola Liuzzo, who was shot dead by 4 Klansmen as she drove marchers back to Selma at night after the civil rights march.
- Second ODECA charter, signed on 12 December 1962, effective.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?