Friday 12 March 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Finley in Union City and Fran Harris.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Eight Days A Week by The Beatles.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Major Dundee, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dim Dam Dom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1965 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Steve Finley in Union City: Tennessee, USA; outfielder (San Diego Padres).
- Fran Harris: WNBA guard (Houston Comets).
- Molly Van Nostrand in West Islip: New York, USA; tennis star.
- Randy Dixon: NFL guard (Indianapolis Colts).
- Mirta Wons: TV Actress.
- Coleen Nolan: British singer
- Steve Finley: American baseball player
- Shawn Gilbert: American baseball player and coach
- Steve Levy: American journalist and sportscaster
- Ivari Padar: Estonian politician
- Liza Umarova: Kazakh singer and actress
- Liv Stoveland: Norwegian singer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 March 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Temptations - My Girl
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Hurt So Bad
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?