Saturday 20 March 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Hoiles in Bowling Green and Danielle Woodward in Melbourne.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Eight Days A Week by The Beatles.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Major Dundee, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Legend Of The Seventh Virgin by Victoria Holt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dim Dam Dom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1965 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Chris Hoiles in Bowling Green: Ohio, USA; catcher (Baltimore Orioles).
- Danielle Woodward in Melbourne: Victoria, Australia; canoeist (Olympics-1996).
- Forbes Masson: Scottish actor and comedian, star of a Scottish TV sitcom, "The High Life," in the role of Steve McCracken.
- William Dalrymple: Scottish historian and author.
- Taeko Kawata: Japanese voice actress.
- Adrian Oxaal: American-English guitarist (James and Sharkboy)
- Venkataraghavan takes 8-72 versus New Zealand at Delhi, India.
- US President Lyndon Johnson notifies Alabama's Governor George Wallace that he will use federal authority to call up the Alabama National Guard in order to supervise a planned civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?