Tuesday 23 March 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Grieco in Waterton and Wayne Presley in Detroit.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stop! In The Name Of Love by The Supremes.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Major Dundee, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bob Morane.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1965 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Richard Grieco in Waterton: New York, USA; actor (21 Jump Street, Booker).
- Wayne Presley in Detroit: Michigan, USA; NHL right wing (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Daren Puppa in Kirkland Lake: Ontario, Canada; NHL goalie (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Dante Jones: NFL linebacker (Denver Broncos).
- Sarah G Buxton: American actress.
- Sarah Buxton: American film and television actress known as the "queen of catfights."
- Marti Pellow: Scottish musician, lead singer and teen idol with the pop group "Wet Wet Wet." Since the group formed in 1982, nine major record companies have competed to sign them to a label. By 1989 they were one of Britain's foremost bands, noted for their charity concert work. Their rating slipped for a few years but they came back on top in 1994 with the theme song from "Four Weddings and a Funeral," "Love is all Around."
- Richard Grieco: American model actor and producer
- Gary Whitehead: American poet and painter
- Mae Murray: American actress dancer producer and screenwriter (d. 1965).
- Gemini 3 launched, first US two-man space flight (Grissom and Young).
- Moroccan army shoots on demonstrators, about 100 killed.
- NASA launches Gemini 3, the United States' first two-man space flight (crew: Gus Grissom and John Young).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?