Thursday 4 March 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 4, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas.
Kick-Ass, directed by Matthew Vaughn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Making Rounds With Oscar by David Dosa was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blaze Union: Story to Reach the Future or Battle of the Immortals.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 4 March 2010 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 March
- Etta Cameron: Danish singer and actor (Born 1939).
- Johnny Alf: Brazilian singer and composer (Born 1929).
- Vladislav Ardzinba: Abkhazian politician (Born 1945).
- Samuel J Eldersveld: U.
- Joaquim Fiuza: Portuguese sailor (Born 1908).
- Tetsuo Kondo: Japanese politician (Born 1929).
- Hilario Chavez Joya: Mexican Roman Catholic prelate (Born 1928).
- Joanne Simpson: American meteorologist (Born 1923).
- Tony Richards: British footballer (Born 1934).
- Lolly Vegas: American singer (Born 1939).
- Fred Wedlock: British folk musician (Born 1942).
- Angelo Poffo: American professional wrestler (Born 1925).
- Nan Martin: American actress (Born 1927).
- Raimund Abraham: Austrian architect designed the Austrian Cultural Forum (d. 2010).
- Roger Newman: British-born American actor and television writer (Born 1940).
- Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak says he does not mind the nomination of the former Director-General of International Atomic Energy Agency Mohamed ElBaradei in the next presidential election as long as it is under the framework of existing constitution. (Gulf NEWS)
- Forty-one scientists publish a paper in ''Science'' affirming that the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event, the large-scale mass extinction of dinosaurs and other lifeforms on Earth ~65.5 million years ago, was caused by an asteroid impact. (Science)
- A Mexico City law allowing same-sex marriages takes effect. (CNN)
- The Committee on Foreign Affairs of the United States House of Representatives accepts a resolution describing the Armenian Genocide as ampquotgenocideampquot, prompting Turkey to recall its ambassador and threatening Turkey – United States relations. (BBC)
- Thousands of passengers are stuck in ice in the Baltic Sea. (CNN)
- Dozens of tourists are airlifted to safety following flash floods at the Samburu National Reserve in Kenya. (BBC)
- 2010 Uganda landslide:
- Uganda buries its dead from Monday night's mudslide which destroyed three villages near Bududa. (BBC)
- More than 50 schoolchildren are missing after elders instructed them to seek shelter in a hospital hit by mud. (''The Scotsman'')
- Four German Islamists are imprisoned after being convicted of planning ampquota second 11 September 2001ampquot. (BBC)
- A magnitude 6.4 earthquake hits Taiwan, injuring 12 and disrupting communications and rail services. (Focus Taiwan)
- At least 63 people die after a stampede at a Hindu temple in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India. (Hurriyet)
- At least 14 people are killed in Baghdad on the first day of voting in Iraq's parliamentary elections. (BBC)
- A Cairo court orders the retrial of Hisham Talaat Moustafa and Muhsin Sukkari who were sentenced to death for killing Lebanese singer Suzanne Tamim in Dubai in 2008. (''Houston Chronicle'')
- The Party for Freedom (PVV) of Geert Wilders becomes the largest political party in Almere and the second largest in The Hague. (BBC)
- The brother of Sinn Féin's Gerry Adams, detained under a European arrest warrant, is released on bail after surrendering to the Garda Síochána in Ireland. (RTÉ)
- The family of kidnapped boy Sahil Saeed ask that he be returned home safely. (Sky News)
- Footballer Thierry Henry is booed by his own fans each time he touches the ball in his first game for France since his handball controversy against Ireland last November, with his own manager expressing doubt about his recent performances for the first time. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Burt Reynolds undergoes quintuple coronary artery bypass surgery. (CBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- Ludacris - How Low
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- On To The Next One - Jay-Z + Swizz Beatz
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Mientes - Camila
- Did It Again (Lo Hecho Esta Hecho) - Shakira
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- Hasta Abajo - Don Omar
- Me Enamore De Ti ... - Chayanne
Top #10 Rock songs
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Uprising
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Savior - Rise Against
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Snuff - Slipknot
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Robert A. Lutz, 78, who had said earlier that he had not plans to leave, now says he is ready to retire. [..]
Investigators want an aviation group to consider a requirement that airlines send flight information to a receiver other than the black boxes. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.37
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $67.21
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.66
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $51.10
- 1 CHF = 6.3369 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6195 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0439 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.148 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?