Monday 29 March 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Clash of the Titans, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Big Short by Michael Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventure Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DJ Hero 2 or Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 March 2010 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 March
- 15 people, including 2 journalists, are arrested by Israel during a police attack on a protest near Bethlehem. (''The Muslim News'')
- Aung San Suu Kyi's party, the National League for Democracy, announces it will boycott the upcoming general elections in Burma. (AP)
- Suicide bombers detonate two bombs at Moscow Metro stations Lubyanka and Park Kultury, killing at least 36 with the death toll expected to rise. (RIAN)
- The stern of the South Korean warship which exploded on Friday with 46 crewmen still missing is located and the military is expected to attempt a dive. (Yonhap)
- Maule, Chile, is rattled by a 6.1 magnitude aftershock on Monday 08.43 a.m. AEDT (5:43 p.m. Sunday local time). (Xinhua)
- A Rio Tinto Group executive is jailed for 10 years in China. (RTÉ)
- FARC releases into the jungle a soldier it kidnapped just under a year ago. (BBC)
- Ireland's rail line between Galway and Limerick reopens for the first time in 34 years. (RTÉ)
- More than 300 southern right whales, mostly young calves, have been discovered dead off Argentina's Patagonian coast in the last five years. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- In architecture, Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa, cofounders of the firm SANAA, win the 2010 Pritzker Prize. (BBC News)
- Nine members of the Hutaree militia are arrested in the United States on allegations of a plot to kill policemen then to attack the funerals, in preparation for a war against all levels of American government. (CNN)
- A patent on two human genes is struck down by a judge in U.S. District Court in Manhattan. (Newsweek)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 March 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Munich 1860 : 4 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Santander : 4 - 3
Division 2Football (France)
- Le Havre - Guingamp : 2 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Monaco - Auxerre : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?