Friday 26 March 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Clash of the Titans, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio Radio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing And-Kensaku or Ben 10: Alien Force-The Rise of Hex.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 March 2010 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 March
- US President Barack Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev agree to a new nuclear arms reduction treaty. The treaty limits both sides to 1,550 warheads, a cut of 25 percent for the Americans and 30 percent for the Russians. Once the treaty is ratified, each side would have seven years to carry out the reductions.
- The ''ROKS Cheonan'', a South Korean Navy ship carrying 104 personnel, sinks off the country's west coast, killing 46. In May, an independent investigation blames North Korea, which denies the allegations.ref name=quotdailynk1quot
- An explosion triggered a fire in a chemical plant in an east China city, leaving 3 dead, one seriously injured. The explosion occurred at 2:40 p.m. in Haiyi Specialty Chemicals Co., Ltd. in Qingdao, a coastal city in Shandong Province. (Sina)
- Middle East:
- Israel refuses renewed calls to stop building homes in East Jerusalem, with a representative of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stating in writing: ampquotIsraeli construction policy in Jerusalem has remained the same for 42 years and isn’t changingampquot. (Arab News)
- Israeli incursion into Gaza: two Israeli soldiers and four Palestinian militants are killed. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- US President Obama and Russian President Medvedev finalize a new arms control treaty to further reduce the nuclear arsenals of each country still remaining since the Cold War. (''The Hindu'')
- A prominent Indonesian cleric says Islamic law should take priority over laws passed by Parliament. (''The Jakarta Post'')
- The United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says he is disappointed with Burma's military leaders for their lack of democratic progress in the run up to general elections in the country. (Reuters)
- Chinese police arrests a suspect for poisoning frozen dumplings for revenge. Those dumplings were exported to Japan and sickened 10 people in 2008. (Xinhua)
- 11 people are killed in a highway accident on Interstate 65 in the U.S. state of Kentucky, near Munfordville. The wreck site is roughly 40 miles northwest of the city of Bowling Green, near Mammoth Cave National Park. (MSNBC)
- A challenge to Ireland's Romeo and Juliet law is rejected by the High Court. (RTÉ)
- ITV drops police television series ''The Bill'' after 27 years. (RTÉ)
- ''The Times'' and ''The Sunday Times'' announce they are to charge £1 per day and £2 per week for online access from June 2010 and split into two websites from Times Online. (''The New York Times'')
- Russia outlaws ''Mein Kampf'' due to its ampquotextremistampquot content. (''The New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 March 2010
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Ein Frankfurt : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Koblenz : 4 - 1
- Frankfurt FSV - Union Berlin : 2 - 1
- Paderborn - Oberhausen : 1 - 2
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Real Union - Cadiz : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Sedan : 2 - 0
- Brest - Angers : 2 - 0
- Dijon - Arles : 1 - 1
- Istres - Clermont : 1 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?