Wednesday 24 March 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 24, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Penitent Man, directed by Nicholas Gyeney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Last Song.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 2XL TrophyLite Rally or Doctor Who: The Adventure Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 March 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 March 2010 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 March
- Hollywood actor Robert Culp (Kelly Robinson - I Spy, Bill Maxwell - The Greatest American Hero, Everybody Loves Raymond) dies at age 79.
- United Kingdom Chancellor Alistair Darling presents his 2010 United Kingdom Budget to the House of Commons. (BBC)
- Tiny South Talpatti Island off the coast of Bengal disappears, washed away thirty years after the mud flat island was created by delta currents, ending the Indian and Bangladeshi dispute over the territory. The Calcutta Institute raised fears over more islands, such as the Maldives, going under in the future. (''Miami Herald'')
- The European Union calls for Iran to halt internet censorship and jamming of radio broadcasts. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Luis Moreno-Ocampo, Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC), says that monitoring Sudan's election next month would be like monitoring a vote in Hitler's Germany. (''The Washington Post'')
- Middle East:
- More than 100 people with possible links to Al-Qaeda are arrested in Saudi Arabia for allegedly planning attacks on oil and security installations in the country. (''The Times'')
- The United States requests clarifications on new Jewish housing in East Jerusalem after the Israeli Prime Minister meets the US President at the White House in Washington, D.C. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Six people die and more than 30 people are injured after a car bomb explodes in the centre of the Colombian Pacific port city of Buenaventura. (Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
- Portugal's credit rating is downgraded from AA to AA- by the Fitch Group due to fears over its high debt levels. (CNN)
- A Sharia court in Kaduna bans the Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria from debating punishment amputations via Twitter. (Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
- An out-of-control train derailment in Norway kills three people and seriously injures several others. (Al Jazeera)
- Scientists identify the Denisova hominin - a previously unknown type of ancient human through DNA analysis from a finger found in a cave in Siberia, Russia. (''The New York Times'')
- Go Daddy, the largest domain name registration company in the world, announces it will cease registering websites in China after the Chinese government required customers to provide photographs and other identifying information before registering. (AP)
- Indonesia bans a conference of Asian gay activists, saying it could prompt violent protests by conservative Muslim groups. (AsiaOne)
- Pope Benedict XVI accepts the resignation of Bishop of Cloyne John Magee. (Al Jazeera)
- American mathematician John Tate wins the Abel Prize for advancing ampquotone of the most elaborate and sophisticated branches of modern mathematicsampquot (AP)
- A landslide kills at least three, injures 11 in Indonesia's West Sumatra in Saok Laweh village. (''The Hindu'')
- The online encyclopedia Wikipedia goes offline, with users encountering navigation error messages. (''PC Magazine'')
- Students at the University of Ottawa protest and shut down right-wing pundit Ann Coulter's second stop on her trans-Canada tour. (CBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 24 March 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Cagliari : 3 - 1
- Bari - Sampdoria : 2 - 1
- Bologna - Roma : 0 - 2
- Catania - Fiorentina : 1 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Zaragoza : 1 - 0
- Barcelona - Osasuna : 2 - 0
- Santander - Mallorca : 0 - 0
- Tenerife - Villarreal : 2 - 2
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Cardiff - Sheffield United : 1 - 1
- Leicester - Reading : 1 - 2
- Sheffield Weds - Watford : 2 - 1
- West Brom - Coventry : 1 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Cambridge - Tamworth : 2 - 0
- Rushden & D - Oxford : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Ludacris - How Low
Top #10 Latin songs
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Mientes - Camila
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Me Enamore De Ti ... - Chayanne
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
Top #10 Rock songs
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - 1901
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Snuff - Slipknot
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Resistance
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.46
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $73.49
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.98
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $52.97
- 1 CHF = 6.3611 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6587 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0463 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.2 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?