Tuesday 16 March 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz.
She's Out of My League, directed by Jim Field Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Three Weissmanns Of Westport by Cathleen Schine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio Radio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ancient Trader or Bejeweled Blitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 16 March 2010 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 March
- The Kasubi Tombs, Uganda's only cultural World Heritage Site, are destroyed by fire. Allvoices.com
- Nauru President Marcus Stephen dissolves Parliament, paving the way for an early general election, originally scheduled for 2011. (''Radio New Zealand International'')
- Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland Cardinal Seán Brady is accused of using the ampquotNuremberg defenceampquot and is told to resign by politicians, including Martin McGuinness, over his representation of the Church when two teenagers abused by Father Brendan Smyth were forced to sign an oath of silence. (''The Times'')
- A man who used to teach at a Roman Catholic religious order's schools in Spain is arrested in Chile on suspicion of sexually abusing children. (CNN)
- The military trial of Sri Lanka's former army chief Sarath Fonseka, charged with participating in politics while in uniform, is adjourned at the end of day one. (''The Times'')
- Thai redshirts spill blood at the gates of the government in their third day of protests. (''The Guardian'')
- France sends military aid to Wallis and Futuna, which suffered extensive damage from Cyclone Tomas. (''Ocean Flash'')
- French national railway SNCF, as part of a rapid response training, causes a media scare by mistakenly placing a statement on its website stating that more than 100 people died in a train explosion in Mâcon, Burgundy. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- NASA researchers in Antarctica discover cold-water Lysianassidae, shrimp-like amphipods, living in the water beneath the Ross Ice Shelf. (''The Christian Science Monitor'')
- Michael Jackson's estate signs history's largest recording deal with Sony Music. (''The Times'')
- Sahil Saeed is located alive and well in a field in Pakistan after being deposited at a school. (''The Times'')
- The Pakistan Olympic Association postpones its national games in Peshawar due to security concerns. (Reuters)
- A French gendarme is killed by ETA terrorist members near Paris, in the first murder of a French police officer by ETA. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 March 2010
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Nott'm Forest : 2 - 1
- Coventry - Cardiff : 1 - 2
- Crystal Palace - Leicester : 0 - 1
- Derby - Middlesbrough : 2 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - Kettering Town : 2 - 0
- Barrow - Wrexham : 2 - 1
- Cambridge - Salisbury : 3 - 1
- Gateshead - Forest Green : 3 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Dunfermline - Raith Rvs : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Clyde - Dumbarton : 0 - 2
- Cowdenbeath - Alloa : 1 - 1
- East Fife - Arbroath : 3 - 1
- Stirling - Peterhead : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?