Saturday 21 June 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Lux and Tsilla Chelton.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 June 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1919 ?
- Guy Lux: French game show host and producer perhaps best known for his 1961 creation of the game show, Intervilles (the basis for the British program, It's A Knockout).
- Tsilla Chelton
- Phil Ford (entertainer)
- Paolo Soleri: Italian-American architect designed the Cosanti (d. 2013).
- Maurice Buiteux: Clermont-Ferrand physician.
- Gerard Pelletier: French-Canadian journalist, politician, and diplomat (d. 1997).
- Vladimir Simagin: Russian chess player and coach (d. 1968).
- Antonia Mesina: Italian martyr and saint (d. 1935).
- Phil Ford: American nightclub entertainer, stage and TV actor who has performed solo on Broadway and also as a partner with Mimi Hines, his second wife to whom he was married from 1954-1972.
- Gabriel Kaspereit: French politician, MP (UNR, UDR then RPR) in Paris from 1961 to 1997, Secretary of State for medium and small industry from 1969 to 1972, and mayor of the 9th arrondissement of Paris from 1983 to 2001.
- Gérard Pelletier: Canadian journalist and politician.
- Bauer forms German government
- German Admiral von Reuter scuttles his own captured fleet
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police fire a volley into a crowd of unemployed war veterans, killing two, during the Winnipeg General Strike.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That Wonderful Mother of Mine - Henry Burr
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw
- Forever is a Long, Long Time - Charles Hart