Saturday 23 March 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wernher von Braun and Jeff York.
Nicholas Nickleby, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1912 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Wernher von Braun: Rocket Scientist (V1 / V2), dies at 65 of smoking.
- Jeff York: American actor, reliable for a consistent performance in character roles.
- John G Adams
- Wernher Braun: German-American rocket expert and pioneer in space technology.
- Wernher von Braun: Scientist.
- Neil McCorkell: English-South African cricketer and coach (d. 2013).
- Eleanor Cameron: Canadian-American author and critic (d. 1996).
- Alfred Schwarzmann: Germany -- Gymnist (1936 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Werner von Braun: Wirsitz, Germany -- Rocket expert (I Aim at the Stars).
- Dixie Cup invented.