Saturday 23 March 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wernher von Braun and Jeff York.
Margaretaa ajetaan takaa, directed by K.E. Sthlberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Melting of Molly by Maria Thompson Davies was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1912 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Wernher von Braun: Rocket Scientist (V1 / V2), dies at 65 of smoking.
- Jeff York: American actor, reliable for a consistent performance in character roles.
- John G Adams
- Wernher Braun: German-American rocket expert and pioneer in space technology.
- Eleanor Cameron: Canadian-American author and critic (d. 1996).
- Neil McCorkell: English-South African cricketer and coach (d. 2013).
- Alfred Schwarzmann: Germany -- Gymnist (1936 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Werner von Braun: Wirsitz, Germany -- Rocket expert (I Aim at the Stars).
- Dixie Cup invented.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?