Friday 5 January 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Wyche and Chuck McKinley.
Tonight and Every Night, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching La piste aux étoiles (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1945 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Sam Wyche: American athlete, NFL quarterback 1968-70.
- Chuck McKinley: American tennis player (d. 1986).
- Roger Spottiswoode: Canadian-English director and producer.
- Pepe LePew debuts in Warner Bros cartoon Odor-able Kitty
- The Soviet Union recognizes the new pro-Soviet government of Poland.
- Surprise attack on Liese-Aktion office on Marnix Street, Amsterdam.
- Australia recognizes the Polish Committee of National Liberation as the government of Poland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - White Christmas
- I Dream Of You (More Than You Dream I Do) - Andy Russell
- Robin Hood - Tony Pastor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?