Tuesday 5 January 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eusebio de Silva Ferreira and Ferreira da Silva Eusebio.
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1943 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Eusebio de Silva Ferreira: Mozamb / Port soccer star (Europa Cup 1 1962).
- Ferreira da Silva Eusebio: Brazilan International soccer player.
- Joelle Kaufmann: French kidnapping and hostage victim in Lebanon.
- Jerry Mills: American detective, brash, crude and good-looking, who worked as a private investigator from 1960.
- Mary Gaudron: Australian lawyer and judge.
- Murtaz Khurtsilava: Georgian footballer and manager
- George Washington Carver: famous black American agricultural scientist, dies at age 81.
- Teams agrees to start season later due to WWII
- William H Hastie, civilian aide to secretary of war, resigns to protest segregation in armed forces.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 January 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?