Tuesday 5 January 1943US date format: 1/5/1943, UK date format: 5/1/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 5, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Mills (actor) and Ferreira da Silva Eusebio.
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1943 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Jerry Mills (actor)
- Ferreira da Silva Eusebio: Brazilan International soccer player.
- Joelle Kaufmann: French kidnapping and hostage victim in Lebanon.
- Eusebio de Silva Ferreira: Mozamb / Port soccer star (Europa Cup 1 1962).
- Mary Gaudron: Australian lawyer and judge.
- Murtaz Khurtsilava: Georgian footballer and manager.
- Jerry Mills: American detective, brash, crude and good-looking, who worked as a private investigator from 1960.
- George Washington Carver: famous black American agricultural scientist, dies at age 81.
- Teams agrees to start season later due to WWII
- William H Hastie, civilian aide to secretary of war, resigns to protest segregation in armed forces.