Sunday 5 July 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Caryn Navy .
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Rommel Papers by B.H. Liddell Hart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Medallion Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1953 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Caryn Navy: American mathematician and computer scientist.
- Jackie Pung wins LPGA Triangle Round Robin Golf Tournament
- WANC TV channel 21 in Asheville, NC (IND) begins broadcasting
- The European Economic Community holds its first assembly in Strasbourg, France.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! - Pee Wee Hunt Orch
- Rusty Draper - Gambler's Guitar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?