Sunday 5 July 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Knight in Goessei and Tania Bari.
The Devil-Doll, directed by Lionel Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1936 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Shirley Knight in Goessei: Kansas, USA; actress (Endless Love, Secrets).
- Tania Bari: Dutch ballet dancer.
- Christian Baltzer: France sport Champion.
- Shirley Knight: American actress.
- James Mirrlees: Scottish economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- 120 degrees F (49 degrees C), Gannvalley, South Dakota (state record hot).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?