Saturday 5 July 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Meredith Ann Pierce and Patsy Pease in Winston-Salem.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1958 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Meredith Ann Pierce: United States -- Sci-fi author (Darkangel).
- Patsy Pease in Winston-Salem: North Carolina, USA; actress (Kimberly - Days of Our Lives).
- Paul Daniel: British opera and symphony conductor.
- Chris Cline: Entrepreneur.
- Bill Watterson: American author and illustrator.
- 65th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Althea Gibson beats A Mortimer (86 62)
- J Pengel forms government / Emanuels Premier of Suriname
- Gasherbrum I, the 11th highest mountain in the world, is first ascended.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the Alaska Statehood Act into United States law.
- The first International House of Pancakes (IHOP) opens in Toluca Lake, Los Angeles.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 July 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- The Four Preps - Big Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?