Friday 11 July 1958US date format: 7/11/1958, UK date format: 11/7/1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1958). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugo Sánchez and Lúcia Veríssimo.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Matchmaker, directed by Joseph Anthony, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Strangers When We Meet by Evan Hunter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Discovering the Bible.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1958
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1958 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Hugo Sánchez: Mexican footballer coach and manager.
- Lúcia Veríssimo
- Mark Lester: English actor.
- Ray Dodds: Rocker (Fairground Attraction-You Send...
- Russ Carnahan: Politician.
- Hugo Sanchez: Mexican footballer.
- Andrew Gilbert-Scott: British racing driver.
- Fiona Shaw: Actress.
- Bela Fleck: Musician.
- Karel Wellens: Flemish painter, dies at 69.
- Count Michael Rhédey von Kis-Rhéde, direct descendant of Samuel Aba, King of Hungary, at the age of 60 is pistol-whipped and murdered over a few hectares of land by Czechoslovak Communists during the collectivization process at his residence in Olcsvar, Slovakia.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette
- Vic Damone - On The Street Where You Live
- The Four Preps - Big Man
- Tulips From Amsterdam / You Need Hands - Max Bygraves
- The Platters - Twilight Time
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?