Sunday 20 July 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike McNeil and Peter Frassmann.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1958 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Mike McNeil: Rocker.
- Peter Frassmann: German footballer.
- Philippe Bas: French politician and member of the Union for a Popular Movement (French: Union pour un mouvement populaire [UMP]).
- luc Baiwir: Belgian composer.
- Rick Castro: American photographer, motion picture director and stylist whose work focuses on bondage and sado-masochistic sex.
- Mick MacNeil: Scottish musician and member of the group, "Simple Minds," a group which formed in 1978. They were licensed with Arista records until 1981 when the band signed with Virgin Records. From 1982 they performed throughout Scotland and the U.K. to sold-out performances and started on a world tour in 1985. Their songs include " Don't You Forget About Me," released in 1985, "Life In A Day," 1982 and "Once Upon A Time" in 1985.
- Billy Mays: American television pitchman (Born 1958)
- Franklin Pangborn: Dies at 69.
- 40th PGA Championship: Dow Finsterwald shoots a 276 at Llanerch Country Club - Pennsylvania
- Betty Jameson / Mary Lena Faulk wins Homestead 4-Ball Golf Tournament
- King Hussein of Jordan breaks off diplomatic relations with UAR
- Various rebel groups in Cuba join forces but the communists do not join them.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?