Thursday 17 July 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wong Kar-wai and Thérèse Rein.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Inside Russia Today by John Gunther was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1958 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Wong Kar-wai: Chinese director producer and screenwriter.
- Thérèse Rein: Australian businesswoman founded Ingeus.
- King Hussein declares himself head of Jordan / Iraqi federation
- British paratroopers arrive in Jordan King Hussein has asked help against pressure from Iraq.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?