Sunday 6 July 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ossie Moore and Louise Longo.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1958 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Ossie Moore: Murwillumbah, NSW -- Australasia golfer.
- Louise Longo: French shipwreck survivor of Sicilian origin who wrote the book "Elle dort dans la mer" (English: She Sleeps in the Sea), recounting how she, her husband Bernard and their daughter Gaella abandoned their boat during a storm in the Bay of Biscay.
- Claude Verlon: French hostage, sound engineer at Radio France, he was killed in Mali.
- Jennifer Saunders: English actress, comedienne and screenwriter.
- Adolfo Lopez Mateos elected President of Mexico
- Alaska becomes 49th state
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- The Four Preps - Big Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?