Thursday 5 June 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
The Incredible Hulk, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Whole Truth by David Baldacci was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coke Studio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brothers in Arms: Hour of Heroes or Blitz: The League II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 5 June 2008 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 June
- Verizon Wireless announces it would buy mobile phone service provider Alltel for US$28.1 billion.
- An Irish opinion poll shows the EU Treaty of Lisbon heading for defeat. (''The Irish Times'')
- American and British diplomats are detained in Zimbabwe. (France24)
- United States Secretary of Defense Robert Gates announces the resignation of United States Secretary of the Air Force Michael Wynne and his Chief of Staff General T. Michael Moseley over the 2007 United States Air Force nuclear weapons incident. (''The Washington Post'')
- The USS ''Essex'', USS ''Juneau'', USS ''Harpers Ferry'' and USS ''Mustin'' depart the coast of Burma as the State Peace and Development Council maintains its refusal of the ships' aid in Cyclone Nargis relief. (AP via Google News)
- Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo of the International Criminal Court reports that crimes in the War in Darfur ampquotrequired the sustained mobilization of the entire State apparatusampquot of Sudan. (BBC News)
- A fire destroys major parts of the ''Rådhuset'' court house in Stockholm, the architectural landmark designed by Carl Westman. (Svenska Dagbladet)
- Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert says that ampquotthe end of Iran's nuclear program is nearampquot. (Haaretz)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?