Wednesday November 5, 1986US date format: 11/5/1986, UK date format: 5/11/1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 5, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include BoA (singer) and Ian Mahinmi.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Amanda by Boston.
In UK Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From 'Top Gun') by Berlin was in the top 5 hits.
Manon of the Spring, directed by Claude Berri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Monte Carlo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alter Ego or JaJaMaru no Daibouken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1986
Last minute gifts?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1986!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1986 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- BoA (singer)
- Ian Mahinmi: French-born basketball player who began...
- Matthew Goss
- Diane Medina: Filipino actress.
- Kristin Cast: Novelist.
- USS Rentz, USS Reeves and USS Oldendorf visit Qingdao (Tsing Tao) China -- the first US Naval visit to China since 1949.
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1986?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- A Little Bit More - Melba Moore (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down
- Freddie Jackson - Tasty Love
- The Human League - Human
- Stacy Lattisaw - Nail It To The Wall
- Cameo - Word Up
- Crazay - Jesse Johnson (Featuring Sly Stone)
- Club Nouveau - Jealousy
- Lionel Richie - Love Will Conquer All
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From 'Top Gun') - Berlin
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Europe - The Final Countdown
- Mel & Kim - Showing Out (Get Fresh At The Weekend)
- Swing Out Sister - Breakout
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?