Tuesday 24 February 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David K Williamson and Stuart Henry.
Roxie Hart, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1942 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- David K Williamson: Australian screenplay / playwright (Removalists).
- Stuart Henry: Scottish disc jockey and actor who contracted Multiple Sclerosis.
- Joe Lieberman: American politician, chosen by Al Gore on 8/07/2000 as a running mate for the Presidential race.
- John Neumeier: American-born ballet dancer, the director and chief choreographer of the Hamburg Ballet since 1973.
- David Williamson: Australian writer, noted for his plays.
- Colin Bond: Australian race car driver
- Paul Jones: English singer harmonica player and actor (Manfred Mann The Blues Band and The Manfreds)
- Gayatri Spivak: Indian philosopher theorist and academic
- Voice of America begins broadcasting (in German).
- The , carrying Jewish refugees from Axis-allied Romania to British-controlled Palestine, is torpedoed and sunk by the Soviet submarine ''Shch 213'', killing 768 men, women and children, with only one survivor, a 19 year old man, making it the largest exclusively civilian naval disaster of the war.The actual number of victims, including the ten person crew, is uncertain, although a recent study concludes it may have been as high as 791, of which 785 were Jewish. Franz amp Collins' book ''Death
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 February 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?