Friday 6 August 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1948). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dino Bravo and Lars Larsen.
Night Has a Thousand Eyes, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Crystal Room.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1948
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1948 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Famous Birthdays:06 August
- Dreesgovt (KVP / Social Democratics / CHU / Liberal) forms
- Bob Mathias, US, wins decathlon at London Olympics.
- Fanny Blankers-Koen (Netherlands) is first women to win three golds at Olympics.