Wednesday 4 August 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chantal Robin-Rodrigo and James C Slattery.
Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 August 1948 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Chantal Robin-Rodrigo
- James C Slattery: (Rep-D-Kansas, 1983- ).
- Johnny Grubb: American baseball player and coach.
- 5 day southern filibuster succeeds in maintaining poll tax
- Five-day southern filibuster succeeds in maintaining poll tax.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Call Everybody Darlin' - Anne Vincent
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?