Tuesday 3 August 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Raffarin and Jamie Binder.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 August 1948 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Jean-Pierre Raffarin: Son of Jean, French deputy.
- Jamie Binder: American pro astrologer.
- Jacki Piper
- Albert F Pollard: British Historian (Evolution of parliament), dies at 78.
- FDR advisor Alger Hiss accused to be a communist
- Whittaker Chambers accuses Alger Hiss of being a communist and a spy for the Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Call Everybody Darlin' - Anne Vincent
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?