Monday 23 August 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernst Jansz and Ron Blomberg.
Red River, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Lucky Pup.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1948 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Ernst Jansz: Dutch keyboardist / singer (Doe Maar).
- Ron Blomberg: 1st baseman (New York Yankees) / 1st designated hitter.
- Andrei Plesu: Romanian writer, essayist.
- Daniel Ruettiger: American motivational speaker.
- Mama Béa: French singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Atef Bseiso: Palestinian intelligence officer (d. 1992)
- Andrei Pleșu: Romanian journalist and politician 95th Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Rudy Ruettiger: American football player
- Lev Zeleny: Russian physicist and academic
- Earl Bernadotte asks aid for fugitives to Palestine
- The World Council of Churches is established.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 August 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?