Friday 6 July 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Todd Bennett and Peter Hedges.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Stripper by David Rose and His Orchestra.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Tales of Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Calories Don'T Count by Herman Taller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 July 1962 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Todd Bennett: English runner and coach (d. 2013).
- Peter Hedges: American author screenwriter and director.
- 76th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Rod Laver beats Martin Mulligan (62 62 61)
- Emir Said al-Djazairi takes van Algerian throne in Syria
- Mantle hits his 3rd and 4th consecutive homer
- As a part of Operation Plowshare, the Sedan nuclear test takes place.
- Irish broadcaster Gay Byrne presents his first edition of ''The Late Late Show''. Byrne goes on to present the talk show for 37 years, making it the longest running in the world.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Emilio Pericoli - Al Di La'
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Joe Henderson - Snap Your Fingers
- Joanie Sommers - Johnny Get Angry
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?