Monday 6 February 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter E Fauntroy American politician (Representative-Democrat-DC and Henri Rancoule.
She Done Him Wrong, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1933 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Walter E Fauntroy American politician (Representative-Democrat-DC: 1971-).
- Henri Rancoule: France sport Champion.
- Jacques Paitra: Vincennes EXecutives.
- Leslie Crowther: English comedian actor and game show host (d. 1996).
- 20th Amendment goes into effect: Presidential term begins in Jan not March
- President von Hindenburg and von Papen end Prussian parliament
- Highest recorded sea wave (not tsunami), 34 metres (112 feet), in Pacific hurricane near Manila, Philippines.
- US 20th Amendment goes into effect; Presidential term begins in January not March.
- The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, establishing the beginning and ending of the terms of the elected federal offices, goes into effect.
- February 7 ampndash Officers on the USS ''Ramapo'' record a 34-meter high sea-wave in the Pacific Ocean.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?