Saturday 1 March 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 1, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Thicke and Martyn Jones (politician).
It Happened in Brooklyn, directed by Richard Whorf, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1947 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Alan Thicke: Canadian-American writer, TV host, sitcom veteran actor, composer, humorist and recording artist.
- Martyn Jones (politician)
- J Boogaard: Nazi collaborator, executed.
- International Monetary Fund begins operations.
- The International Monetary Fund begins financial operations.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- How Are Things in Glocca Mora - Buddy Clark
- Heartaches (Victor rec) - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Open the Door, Richard - Pied Pipers
- Dinah Shore - Anniversary Song