Saturday 6 December 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
The Day the Earth Stood Still, directed by Scott Derrickson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Letter To My Daughter by Maya Angelou was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Get Your Face on with Napoleon Perdis.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spider-Man: Web of Shadows or Bigfoot: Collision Course.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 6 December 2008 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 December
- Alexandros Grigoropoulos: 15-year-old Greek student killed by the police (Born 1993).
- US heiress Martha "Sunny" von Bulow dies at age 76 in New York, following 28 years in a coma.
- The University of Hawaii activates a new telescope designed specifically to look for dangerous asteroids under 1km diameter.
- The 2008 Greek riots break out upon the murder of a 15-year-old boy, Alexandros Grigoropoulos, by a police officer.
- Riots spread across Greece after a 15-year-old boy is shot dead by a special guard of the Greek Police.
- Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao defeats Mexican American Oscar De La Hoya during a welterweight bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Inquirer)
- United States President-elect Barack Obama nominates General Eric Shinseki to be the next Secretary of Veterans Affairs. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- India arrests two men accused of providing mobile phone cards to the gunmen in the November 2008 Mumbai attacks. (Reuters via News Limited)
- The Republic of Ireland recalls all Irish pork products after the discovery of contaminated fodder. (RTÉ)
- Joseph Cao defeats William J. Jefferson in Louisiana's 2nd congressional election, a major upset victory for the Republican Party. He is the first Vietnamese American ever to be elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. (The Hill)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 December 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Chievo - Roma : 0 - 1
- Lazio - Inter : 0 - 3
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Tubize : 5 - 1
- Bergen - Dender : 5 - 2
- Charleroi - Mechelen : 1 - 2
- Germinal - Mouscron : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Dortmund : 0 - 0
- Cottbus - Stuttgart : 0 - 3
- Ein Frankfurt - Bochum : 4 - 0
- Karlsruhe - Werder Bremen : 1 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Valencia : 4 - 0
- Sp Gijon - Ath Madrid : 2 - 5
- Villarreal - Getafe : 3 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?