Saturday 6 January 2007, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vivir con 10.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beautiful Katamari or The Bee Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Star Map on 6 January 2007
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 2007!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 2007 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 January
- An overnight storm knocked out power to thousands in the Vancouver and Victoria area. The storm also uprooted trees in Stanley Park, and filled BC Place with water after the roof tore open a day earlier. (CTV.ca)
- The Sunday Times (UK) reports that Israel has drawn up plans to possibly destroy Iran's uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons in the event that U.S. intervention does not occur, and non-nuclear strikes are ruled out. Iran has responded saying that ampquotanyone who attacks will regret their actions very quickly.ampquot Israel denies such plans were made. (Haaretz)
- A second bus bomb in Sri Lanka, this time near the tourist resort of Hikkaduwa has killed at least 15 and injured dozens more. The Sri Lankan government declared the Tamil Tigers responsible, but the rebel group is denying involvement. (The Asian Tribune)
- At least 40 people have died in a bus crash in Comilla, Bangladesh. (The Telegraph)
- Nine bound and gagged bodies are found in grave in Uruapan, Michoacan state, Mexico. Drug gangs are suspected. (BBC News)
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com founder and billionaire has joined the ampquotbudget space raceampquot with a test burn of the Blue Origin passenger rocket, the New Shepard. (The Guardian)
- The eastern United States enjoyed record high temperatures, including 72 degrees Fahrenheit (22 Celsius) in New York City. (Bloomberg)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 January 2007
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Gimnastic : 0 - 0
- Sociedad - Osasuna : 2 - 1
- Zaragoza - Sevilla : 2 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Lorca - Hercules : 0 - 1
- Malaga - Almeria : 2 - 1
- Vecindario - Tenerife : 2 - 1
- Xerez - Albacete : 0 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - Rushden & D : 2 - 1
- Dag and Red - Woking : 3 - 2
- Oxford - Morecambe : 0 - 0
- Southport - Grays : 3 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Stenhousemuir - Albion Rvs : 0 - 4
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
- Eric Prydz vs Floyd - Proper Education
- T2 featuring Jodie Aysha - Heartbroken
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Take That - Rule The World
- Take That - Patience
- Timbaland featuring One Republic - Apologize
- U2 - Window In The Skies
- Girls Aloud - Call The Shots
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?