Sunday 6 June 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1971 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 June
- Arnold Elston: Composer, dies at 63.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Lady Carling Golf Open
- Ed Sullivan Show last broadcasts on CBS-TV
- John Lennon andYoko Ono unannounced appearance at Fillmore East in New York City
- WHAE (now WGNX) TV channel 46 in Atlanta, Georgia (CBN) begins broadcasting
- Willie Mays hits record 22nd and last extra inning HR
- Air West flight 706 collides with Navy Phantom jet over Los Angeles, 50 die.
- Soyuz 11 takes three cosmonauts to Salyut 1 space station.
- A midair collision between a Hughes Airwest Douglas DC-9 jetliner and a United States Marine Corps McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II jet fighter near Duarte, California claims 50 lives.
- Vietnam War: The Battle of Long Khanh between Australian and Vietnamese communist forces begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?