Sunday 6 May 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Yellin and Tom Brake.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Mothra, directed by Inoshiro Honda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while In The Clearing by Robert Frost was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 May 1962 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
Famous Birthdays:06 May
- 1st nuclear warhead fired from Polaris submarine (Ethan Allen)
- Pathet Lao breaks cease fire / conquerors Nam Tha Laos
- Antonio Segni elected President of Italy.
- Mary Lena Faulk wins LPGA Peach Blossom Golf Tournament.
- First nuclear warhead fired from Polaris submarine (Ethan Allen).
- St. Martin de Porres is canonized by Pope John XXIII.
- Juan Carlos of Spain marries the Greek Princess Sophia in Athens.
- Milovan Djilas, former vice-president of Yugoslavia, is given further sentence for publishing ''Conversations with Stalin''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Twist, Twist Senora
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?