Sunday 1 May 1955US date format: 5/1/1955, UK date format: 1/5/1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 1, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Lenarduzzi and Roger Hequet.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Daddy Long Legs, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Have a Heart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 May 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1955 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Bob Lenarduzzi
- Nick Feldman: English musician.
- Roger Hequet: French pro astrologer, author of the book "Le temps sidéral vécu.
- Riccardo Tognazzi: Italian actor, noted family, son of actor ugo tognazzi.
- Alex Cunningham: Scottish politician.
- Martin O'Donnell: American composer.
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA Peach Blossom Golf Tournament.
- Warsaw Treaty on Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Assistance signed (Warsaw Treaty Organization) (effective June 6).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Tony Bennett - Stranger In Paradise
- Eddie Calvert - Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White
- Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White - Perez 'Prez' Prado & His Orchestra
- Give Me Your Word - Tennessee Ernie Ford
- Al Hibbler - Unchained Melody
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?