Saturday 14 May 1955US date format: 5/14/1955, UK date format: 14/5/1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alasdair Fraser and Dan Post (actor).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Unchained Melody by Les Baxter & His Orchestra.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Dam Busters, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Off the Record.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1955 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Alasdair Fraser: Scottish fiddler (Skyedance).
- Dan Post (actor)
- Big Van Vader
- Dan Post: American actor, a masculine image seen in commercials for the advertising of Nordic Track.
- Marie Chouinard: Canadian dancer and choreographer.
- Kenth Eldebrink: Swedish javelin thrower.
- [Jose] Dennis Martinez in Nicaragua pitcher (Baltimore Orioles: Montreal Expos, Cleveland Indians).
- Dennis Martínez: Nicaraguan baseball player and coach.
- Jens Sparschuh: German author and playwright.
- Peter Kirsten: South African cricketer and rugby player.
- Jean-Marie Leborgne: French homicide.
- Wilhelm Molterer: Austrian politician.
- Betty Ann Davies: Dies at 44.
- US performs nuclear test in Pacific Ocean.
- Cold War: Eight communist bloc countries, including the Soviet Union, sign a mutual defense treaty called the Warsaw Pact.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Tony Bennett - Stranger In Paradise
- Eddie Calvert - Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White
- Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White - Perez 'Prez' Prado & His Orchestra
- The Crew Cuts - Earth Angel
- Give Me Your Word - Tennessee Ernie Ford
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?