Sunday 6 May 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Differ and Lakis Lazopoulos.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Good-bye, My Lady, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1956 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Phil Differ: Scottish investigative journalist, amiable and laid-back.
- Lakis Lazopoulos: Greek humourist, playwright, actor and songwriter, surnamed the "Greek Coluche".
- Roland Wieser: German race walker and coach.
- WRCB TV channel 3 in Chattanooga, TN (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Gus Bell (Cincinnati Reds) homers off Bob Miller in both ends of a double header.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?