Thursday 12 May 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William P. Young and Kix Brooks in Shreveport.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Unchained Melody by Les Baxter & His Orchestra.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Dam Busters, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while A Train Of Powder by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die flimmernde Leinwand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1955 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- William P. Young: Author.
- Kix Brooks in Shreveport: Louisiana, USA; singer (Brooks and Dunn - "Brand New Man").
- Kim Anderson: American athlete, played pro basketball for one season only, 1978-1979.
- Chicago Cub Sam Jones is 1st black to pitch no-hitter (Pirates, 4-0)
- Nineteen days after bus workers went on strike in Singapore, rioting breaks out and seriously impacts Singapore's bid for independence.
- New York's Third Avenue Elevated runs its last train between Chathem Square in Manhattan and East 149th Street in the Bronx, thus ending elevated train service in Manhattan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?