Sunday 29 May 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Porcaro rock bassist (Toto - "Roseanna" and Jerry Dengler in Colorado Springs.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sam and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1955 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Mike Porcaro rock bassist (Toto - "Roseanna": "Africa").
- Jerry Dengler in Colorado Springs: Colorado, USA; singer (Mason Dixon - "Karen Comes Around").
- Sut Jhally: Kenyan-born American educator.
- Brian Coombs: American astrologer, a long-standing member of the Boston chapter of NCGR.
- Pascal Dusapin: French composer of contemporary music, who rejects the use of electronics, percussion other than timpani, and, up until the late 1990s, piano.
- John Hinckley: American attempted assassin who shot and wounded President Reagan, Secret Service Agent Timothy McCarthy, Press Secretary James Brady and Washington policeman Thomas Delehanty on 3/30/1981 at 2:30 PM in Washington, D.C. In December 1980, he went to Ted Kennedy's office and waited for three hours with a loaded gun to see the Senator before he gave up on the assassination attempt and left. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity and sentenced to an asylum for the mentally ill in Washington,
- Frank Baumgartl: German runner (d. 2010)
- David Kirschner: American animator producer and author
- Mike Porcaro: American bass player (Toto) (d. 2015)
- Gordon Rintoul: Scottish historian and curator
- Ken Schrader: American race car driver and sportscaster
- Jordan government of Tewfik Abdul Huda resigns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?