Sunday October 06, 1957
US date format: 10/6/1957, UK date format: 6/10/1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 6, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gautier Audinot and Dom Galluscio.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Jailhouse Rock, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Life At Happy Knoll by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 26 Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 06, 1957?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- See more
- Wiffi Smith wins LPGA United Voluntary Services Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 06, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
Sport Games on October 06, 1957
- Detroit Lions - Green Bay Packers : 24 - 14
- Los Angeles Rams - San Francisco 49ers : 20 - 23
- Washington Redskins - Chicago Cardinals : 37 - 14
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 06If October 06, 1957 is your birthday you're 62 years, 10 months, 1 day old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 29 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free